Sorry for the delay in the blog. When we got home from vacation the last thing I wanted to do was start on the family blog. So I started editing all 725 pictures from the trip to Summer’s Edge, Florida. It took awhile to get through all of them and then a little more time to decide which ones would make it onto the blog. So here is what I came up with.
Day One - We made our way to Santa Rosa Beach area by the way of plane. The rest of our crew came by the way of a caravan of black SUVs. I have a feeling that they looked like the mafia on vacation. They started their trip on Friday, the 4th of July with a Cardinal - Cub baseball game in St. Louis. The next morning they started the road trip to FL. Late Sunday morning we all met in Seaside for lunch before we checked into our houses in Summer’s Edge (located a few miles down highway 30-A). After seeing how busy Seaside was I was very excited to stay at Summer’s Edge. It was a lot like Seaside use to be before the crowds and traffic.
Once we got into the houses Ali, Autumn, and I made the grocery run. Wow that was a lot of food. It took me alone two carts to get all the groceries out to the car. Once we were done with all our errands it was time to enjoy the beach. It was beautiful! Now Carson on the other hand did not think much of the beach. As the vacation went on he learned to like it a little more. I think next year will be his year.
Day Two – Started off with Carson waking up early. He was so excited to see that we were sleeping in the same room as him. Thus started his morning wake-up ritual. Every morning we would hear him wrestling around in his pack and play. Then you would see one hand pop up and then the other. Then you see his big smiling face pop up next. Soon he would start bouncing till we got him out of bed. He kind of remined me of the gofer from "Caddy Shack" you know the way he just pops up. I have included a video clip for you to enjoy.
Our first full day at the beach was a nice breath of fresh air. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed getting caught up with our family. I really enjoyed watching everyone’s kids play on the beach. Our little man was not so into the beach thing. I think he may be more of a pool man. We will have to work on that a little before next year.




No comments:
Post a Comment