January 17, 2010

Big Boy Day

Carson's last night in his crib.

All Smiles!!


BIG BOY DAY
Since Carson was going to be moving to his big boy bed we decided to have a Big Boy Day. First we started off the day by going to his first movie at a movie theater. We went to go see "The Squeakel." He had seen the trailer on one of his Christmas movies and talked about it all the time.

On our way. He likes his new seat in the car. He really loves the fact that he get to watch movies while we are driving around town. Funny story .... when were test driving and looking for cars, Carson knew where the DVD screen was because he remembered it from Papa and Grandma's car. He would climb right up into the car and pull down the screen like he had been doing it forever.

Here is a pic of Todd and Carson walking into the theater.

Getting our tickets!

Time for yummy popcorn or as Carson like to call it "cocorn" and orange soda which he was a huge fan of.


Carson even gave the ticket guy our tickets. Sorry no pic of that ... but it was too cute!
Sitting on Daddy's lap and watching the movie. Don't worry I only took one pic at the beginning. Todd only had to take him out twice. He was a very good boy.

Walking out of the movie. See my belly bump ... it looks much bigger when I'm not in black. Gotta love the black. It really slims you up.

Now here is a pic of his Big Boy room. It is no where near being done. But we really wanted to move him. He was ready!


After we got home from the movie Carson took a quick nap and then we were off for his Big Boy Dinner. Okay we should have taken him to Chuck E. Cheese. I know I know. But we really don't want to start that so early and prego Mommy was craving Macaroni Grill.


Carson with his pasta and red sauce. This boy LOVES red sauce. That poor shirt is going to have to be Bized, Shouted, Oxy Cleaned and Tided tons. But it was worth it!

Drinking from a Big Boy Cup. Todd was helping him get the last little drop out. Carson ended up taking off the lid, and drinking it till there was not a drop left. Before we left Carson got ice cream with chocolate sauce. Todd and I shared a Lemon Passion .... YUMMY! Like Sara I'm in love with food right now. It was very hard for me to share with Todd. I even asked him if he was sure he wanted to share and encouraged him to get his own.

After we got home and took a bath it was Big Boy Bed Time. He jumped around on his bed for a while and play.

Then he kicked us out. He pushed us out of his room saying "nite nite."

SO INDEPENDENT!

Yes, that is a shut door ... Todd and I stood out there with our cameras ready just laughing. Soon ...

He opened the door and came out for some toys. Handy Manny and his tools. A favorite in this house.

Then it was back to his room and he shut the door. So we stood out there again waiting to see what would happen next.

Out he comes and on a mission for more toys. A tool bench ... what can I say ... my boy loves tools.

He took them back to the room and shut the door again. Don't worry I won't show you another pic of a shut door.

Then he came out again. This time it was for his tool bench from Bella and a Elmo toy. It was a lot to carry.

So he asked for Todd's help.

He let Todd into the room and then shut the door on me.
About ten seconds later he opened the door and asked Todd to leave.

Todd needed to be guided out. :) This little man cracks me up!

After about five minutes he let us in so that Todd could read him his bedtime story. So Todd read and Carson played. He loves this set up.

Todd and I took turns checking on him. Todd came back once saying he way sitting up in his bed playing with his toys with a smile on his face ear to ear. Our little man fell asleep about 11:40.

Our Big Sweetie!
Our Big Boy. I think he looks like he did when he was a newborn while he sleeps.

No comments: