First let me apologize for the laps in our blog postings. I have not been feeling my best and it all started on our drive back from Missouri after our Halloween trip. With this pregnancy I now get car sick when I'm not driving. So the 11 hour trip back with Todd driving was a rough one. To make this short. After 3 trips to the ER and a few days in the hospital due to my inability to stop to vomiting once I start. So now to stop the nausea before it starts they have me on a 24 hour pump that gives me my medicine all day long. Don't worry the babies are perfectly healthy and had no idea all of this was going on. While watching the sono while I was in the hospital we were able to see them and Colton was even kicking Carolina. Poor boy I can already tell he is going to be spending some time in "time out."
Since the traveling is what started all of this they don't want me to travel for a while. So Todd and I have canceled all our trips all the way through the end of December. This meant that we had to miss Thanksgiving with my family back in Kirksville. That made me sad but we made the best out of it and had a nice relaxing long weekend here in Dallas. Todd and I even made our first turkey and it was a success. Mom and Dad were so sweet and even sent us 3 bags of homemade noodles to make .... YUMMY! Over all we had a very nice "Merry Little Thanksgiving" here at home.
We are very blessed to have amazing family and friends. Matt and Hang watched Carson for us the whole time I was in the ER and hospital. Carson loved his time with them and they were so kind to even stay over at our house so that he could sleep in his own bed and play with his own toys.
My playgroup friends were ready to take over if I was going to have to spend more time in the hospital and even volunteered to take Carson once I got home. Kate came over so that Todd could get caught up on some home stuff. Her daughter Hannah and Carson played for a few hours and Todd was able to catch up on mail and all the other house duties.
Kaitlin was so sweet and flew down from Iowa to help me when Todd went back to work. All I can say is that Carson is in LOVE. Even a week after she had left Carson is still asking for her. By the time she had to leave to go home I was feeling much better. I was so thankful to have her here. What a wonderful family I'm blessed with. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the two of them but it just did not get done. THANK YOU KAITLIN!!!
My sister Ali and her very cute and sweet family sent me the prettiest flowers which put a big smile on my face. Thanks Ali! They looked perfect in the kitchen with all the Christmas decor.
Lissy also was planning on coming down to help out BUT I was feeling much better. Thank you Lis for even thinking about it. I know that you are so busy and it meant a lot to know that you wanted to help.
So over all it's been a crazy month but we are healthy and we have two healthy babies that are growing like they should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment